VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtualbench recognized by OS but not by virtualbench application

The virtualbench drivers and application have been correctly installed. The virtualbench is identified by the OS (windows 7) and appears in windows explorer. Once the virtualbench is powered up, the application is launched however it is not detected by the application since only the demo mode is possible. Please note that this virtualbench can be correctly used on another windows 7 PC.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,326 Views)

Hi McFly,

This isn't something I've personally encountered before, so let me ask you a few troubleshooting questions.

1. Do both Windows 7 machines have service pack 1 installed?
  2. Are you using a VB-8012 or a VB-8034?
  3. Which firmware is installed on the VirtualBench? You can find that in File >> About while connected using the Windows machine that works.
  4. How are you trying to connect to the VirtualBench? USB, Wi-Fi, or Ethernet? I'd imagine from your explanation that you have it connected via USB, but I want to make sure. If so, have you tried more than one USB port?
  5. Are you running the app that is located on the device or one that installed on the Windows machine iteself. From your description, it sounds like the app on the device is booting through USB.
  6. Have you tried doing a factory reset on the VirtualBench? Hold down the little black button in the back for 10 or so seconds until the device reboots.

Cheers,

Damon

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,317 Views)

Hello Damon,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Here are the replies

1. both machines have windows 7 Service Pack 1

2. VB-8012

3. the firmware is 16.0.0f0

4. I am trying to connect with USB (different USB ports on the PC have been tried)

5. I launch NI VirtualBench from the PC ! to be honest, I did not know that the app could be run on the VirtualBench (in fact I developped a labview program on my laptop built an exe, now I want to use the exe on another machine)

6. Yes I did that factory reset

Greetings

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,313 Views)

Hi Laurent,

You indicated that the VB-8012 is mounted as a drive that you can see in Windows Explorer. Can you run the launcher app on the mounted drive? Is that app still unable to find the device?

Cheers,

Damon

Message 4 of 6
(4,308 Views)

Hi Damon,

I confirm that the behaviour is the same launching the application on the mounted drive (i.e. launching the .exe on the mounted drive and not on the hard disk) : there is no device available.

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,255 Views)

IT support changed the PC with a similar one. Now the Virtualbench works 100%, the explanation was that maybe not all the USB drivers where correctly installed (it appears that there are a few of them !).

I will not be able to conduct any more tests on the PC presenting problems, since this one is gone.

Thanks Damon for your support anyway !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,244 Views)