From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirtualBench 8012 - Logic Analyser Digital Query

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've been working with the 'VirtualBench Acquire Analog and Digital Signals' example and it seems that I can't extend the acquisition time of a digital signal to longer than 4.29 seconds.

If I configure the Digital side to:

16k sample rate, I get 68721 samples and dt of 62.5uS. (4.29 seconds)

Then if I change it to:

100k sample rate, I get 429504 samples and dt of 10uS. (4.29 seconds)

Surely I would of though there would of been a maximum number of samples, which would limit the overall acquisition time?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,634 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StephenKee

StephenKee,

Unfortunately at this time there is in fact a 4.29 second limit for the digital data.  The team does know that this limitation exists, but I'll make sure they are aware that it was frustrating and confusing in this case.

Message 2 of 4
(4,617 Views)

Thank you for the quick response.

Although not ideal, I think I'll have to put it in a loop and accept that there will be a time period that won't be recorded. (Time between last sample and first sample of the new acquisition.)

And hope that no state changes occur during this time of 'non' acquisition.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,609 Views)

Was any work around found for this 4.29s limit? I am experiencing the same situation. 

Looping the call and accepting lost data isn't a very enticing solution to this issue. Any new information on this is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,395 Views)