From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSO Analog Trigger does not work

I assume based on the value I set for limit virtual bench selects the next higer range (like DAQmx).

Yep. You can read back what it got coerced to with MSO Query Analog Channel.

I am trying to implement the averaging in LabVIEW. How is the averaging implemented in virtual bench softpanel?

It's a modified moving average per point. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average#Modified_moving_average. N is the value you select in the application (2 averaged, 4 averaged, etc).

Triggering issue

Can you post the VIs you're using for the MSO and FGEN?

Regards,

William Earle

Software Engineer

NI R&D

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(4,358 Views)

Hello William Earle,

Can I access to the averaging code of the virtual bench software?

Thanks,

A Senthilnathan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(4,339 Views)

Unfortunately, the source code for the application is not publically available.

Regards,

William Earle

Software Engineer

NI R&D

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(4,333 Views)

Hi A Senthilnathan,

To re-ask bstreiff's question,  what do you have your pretrigger time set to (on MSO Configure Timing.vi)?

There are usually multiple pre-trigger samples, so it's possible that the acquisition triggered at the zero crossing, but what you are seeing are the pre- and post-trigger samples.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(4,319 Views)

I wrote a quick LabVIEW VI with a similar averaging  implementation to the application.

Regards,

William Earle

Software Engineer

NI R&D

Message 15 of 18
(4,315 Views)

Thanks William for the sample code. I have implemented a different averaging method and it works for the application.

To answer the pre-trigger question. I have not configured pre-trigger time. I configure rate, acq time and mode as per the below diagram. Is there any any pre-trigger time/samples by default. If so, it should be constant. I see additional samples when there input signal is at a certain range (above 300kHz or so). 

mso acq.png

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(4,309 Views)

The default acquisition time is 4 microseconds (e.g. 1000 samples at the default sample rate of 250MS/s), and the default pretrigger time is half that (2 microseconds).

If you only set the acquisition time, the pretrigger time will remain at the default of 2 us. Looking at your screenshot, it looks like you have a zero-crossing at 2E-6.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
Message 17 of 18
(4,304 Views)

Streiff,

I set the pretrigger time to 1ns (minimum allowed) and the waveform looks a lot a better. Thanks for pointing out the issue in the code. 

Thanks,

A Senthilnathan

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(4,296 Views)