VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic Analyzer Connector

I am looking to make a custom cable for use with the logic analyzer input of the Virtual Bench.  What connector and pins does NI recommend I use?  Or to put it another way, what connector and pins are used for the 158292A-01 cable?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,628 Views)

The cabling solution we have may be difficult to reproduce.  We are using a 40-pin IDE-style that accepts crimp and poke contacts and has a center key feature.  Many IDE connectors have the opening filled for pin 20 which would not be compatible.  The probe ends were a design that may be unique and I don't think you'll find off-the-shelf parts identical to them.

What are you looking for in a custom cable?  If you're just looking for something longer, check out 154454-01.  We found that using several inches of traditional 40-pin ribbon cable was enough to introduce crosstalk issues and moved to an 80-pin ribbon cable for this, but that requires a custom connector.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel Larsen

National Instruments

Digital Hardware Engineer

Message 2 of 3
(3,594 Views)

I was looking to make a cable that took a few of the lines on the IDE connector to a DB-9/15/25 for connecting to a UUT through my test interface.  It is not a question of length, just interconnectivity.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,586 Views)