VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current level from Digital output?

I am looking into using a virtual bench for a demo with my company. I was just wondering what kind of current levels the digital outputs can supply. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,097 Views)

Read the specificiation.  It clearly states that the DIO can source 4mA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(4,082 Views)

Thank you for your quick reply. I had not previously been able to find those specifications. They will be quite useful. Looking through it though, does the 3.3v output not supply 20mA instead of 4mA?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,044 Views)

That is correct, the 3.3V output pin on the GPIO connector will source 20mA.  All GPIO signal pins source or sink up to 4mA in normal operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel Larsen

Staff Digital Hardware Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,037 Views)

Just to clarify, are all 8 of the GPIOs able to output 3.3v at 20mA, or is there only one GPIO that is able to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,026 Views)

There is one pin labeled "+3.3V" which is a static supply capable of 20mA.  The 8 GPIOs are each only capable of 4mA drive strength.  So none of the actual GPIOs are capable of 20mA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel Larsen

Staff Digital Hardware Engineer

National Instruments

Message 6 of 6
(3,946 Views)