From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get analog waveform from VirtualBench?

Hi.

I program Virtualbench from LabVIEW and measure data.
There is a question about a measurement in virtualbench.

(1) Is continuous sample possible in virtualbench?
(2) In the case of impossibility, is there the information about deadtime?
An example: How many seconds is the dead time in case of 20MS?
(3) Is there the product which can measure data of 20MS without deadtime?

I wanted to use FPGA of cRIO, but there was not a module of 20MS. PXI is impossible in terms of budget.

Best Regards,

--

yh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,875 Views)

@gogomac wrote:

Hi.

I program Virtualbench from LabVIEW and measure data.
There is a question about a measurement in virtualbench.

(1) Is continuous sample possible in virtualbench?
(2) In the case of impossibility, is there the information about deadtime?
An example: How many seconds is the dead time in case of 20MS?
(3) Is there the product which can measure data of 20MS without deadtime?

I wanted to use FPGA of cRIO, but there was not a module of 20MS. PXI is impossible in terms of budget.

Best Regards,

--

yh

1) No, VirtualBench is intended for the benchtop scope use-case where you typically define a trigger condition and want to inspect the data around that point.

2) It depends a lot on your connection (USB or WiFi), acquisition size, and more.  As a rough example, though, on USB with a 20ms acquisition, I was seeing a dead time of about 30ms.  An acquisition size of 1ms had a dead time of about 4ms.

3) When I think of continuous acquisitions, I typically think of DAQ products.  I don't know of any DAQ products that go that fast, though.  They typically go up to 1-2MS/s.  Why do you need 20MS?  Do you need 20MHz of bandwidth or acquisition speed?

------
Zach Hindes
NI R&D
Message 2 of 5
(5,861 Views)

You might also consider the USB-5132 and USB-5133. However, you will likely need PXI or PCI to reliably get the throughput to acquire continuously at 20MS/s.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/63AFE9F8DB0F7F5586257811006E7E51

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,852 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

>(1)

Oh, I get it.

I was looking for a different method, but it seems to be impossible to use it like RT and FPGA.

>(2)

I get it.

>(3)

> Why do you need 20MS?  Do you need 20MHz of bandwidth or acquisition speed?

Yes.

It is necessary for me to measure the analog voltage of 10MS of the line sensor CCD. As for the clock, a synchronization signal of 10MHz is input into DAQ by CCD.

I wanted to handle it in FPGA of cRIO, but there are not modules more than 1MS.

It is possible if I make a custom module of cRIO, but a my customer does not seem to have the budget.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,803 Views)

Thank you for your reply,

I checked DAQ of the USB.
I did not know Multiple Record Acquisitiont. It means that I can measure it continually in two USB DAQ.
I was surprised. I check it a little more.

What I want to realize is as follows.
(a) I perform DAQ for 1 line of the CCD line sensor.
(1ms period, 10MHz clock)
(b) I analyze the data for 1 line which I measured and check whether there is not abnormality (including the range specification)
(c) If there is an abnormality, I record waveform at that time
# When synchronous clock is not usable, it is necessary for DAQ to measure it at 20MHz (twice the clock, software processing).

--

yh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,800 Views)