VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling for Customer Input on XY Display Mode and Roll Mode

Hello everyone,

We (the VirtualBench software team) are interested in hearing customer input regarding two features we are considering: XY Display Mode and Roll Mode.

If you have any particular use cases for these features, or any opinions about how they should be implemented in the VirtualBench Windows and iOS applications, we would be grateful to hear them.

We are particularly interested in hearing about why you use XY Display Mode on other oscilloscopes, how you extract the information you need from it (i.e. using cursors, measurements, etc), and generally what it needs to do for you.

XY Display Mode allows the voltage of one analog channel to be plotted on the X axis (instead of time), while the voltage of another channel is plotted on the Y axis, often resulting in Lissajous curve patterns:

Roll mode starts displaying waveform data before the complete waveform record is captured, so the data "rolls" across the screen:

Randall Schmidt

NI VirtualBench Application Software

Message 1 of 2
(3,981 Views)

When I read 'XY display mode" some synapses in the back of my brain went: I did you use that at one time. Then I remembered the Octopus Curve Tracer I built when I was a pup technician. 

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,962 Views)