VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration or Verification Procedure

Good morning,

I am trying to find a Calibration or Verification procedure for a VB-8012. I have a copy of Calibration Executive though the VB-8012 is not listed in there, so I am assuming the verification of this unit will be manual and require a written procedure. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you for all your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,924 Views)

Hi Justin,

We are working on the Calibration Procedure, and hope to have it finished and posted by May. 

It will likely be added to a future version of Calibration Executive, but I don't know how soon.

Regards,

Luke B.

National Instruments R&D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,903 Views)

Heyya Luke,

I noticed in your Calibration Procedure that the MSO and fgen functional tests are quite short, is there anyplace to get a more detailed list of the accuracy specifications than what is currently published in your Specifications .pdf file? Specifically the Horizontal portions of the MSO and the fgen accuracies...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,678 Views)

Specifications don't tend to be in the calibration procedure document.  They are in a separate document.  For the 8012 that is here: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371527d.pdf

------
Zach Hindes
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,652 Views)

I've been writing an internal cal procedure for my company and noticed that the scope and fgen sections of your cal procedure looked a little light by our standards. I have the Specifications .pdf printed off and have been pouring over that to find the timebase accuracies; I see the range but need to know how many ppm per ms interval for the timebase checks to verify the scope function.

I see a ≤100ppm frequency accuracy statement in the fgen specs, is there a common oscillator that feeds all of the functions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,644 Views)

There is a common oscillator that feeds both the scope and the fgen. Given that, there should be a ≤100ppm typical accuracy for the scope timebase, but that specification is not guaranteed.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,589 Views)