From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration or Verification Procedure

Good morning,

I am trying to find a Calibration or Verification procedure for a VB-8012. I have a copy of Calibration Executive though the VB-8012 is not listed in there, so I am assuming the verification of this unit will be manual and require a written procedure. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you for all your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,927 Views)

Hi Justin,

We are working on the Calibration Procedure, and hope to have it finished and posted by May. 

It will likely be added to a future version of Calibration Executive, but I don't know how soon.

Regards,

Luke B.

National Instruments R&D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,906 Views)

Heyya Luke,

I noticed in your Calibration Procedure that the MSO and fgen functional tests are quite short, is there anyplace to get a more detailed list of the accuracy specifications than what is currently published in your Specifications .pdf file? Specifically the Horizontal portions of the MSO and the fgen accuracies...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,681 Views)

Specifications don't tend to be in the calibration procedure document.  They are in a separate document.  For the 8012 that is here: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371527d.pdf

------
Zach Hindes
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,655 Views)

I've been writing an internal cal procedure for my company and noticed that the scope and fgen sections of your cal procedure looked a little light by our standards. I have the Specifications .pdf printed off and have been pouring over that to find the timebase accuracies; I see the range but need to know how many ppm per ms interval for the timebase checks to verify the scope function.

I see a ≤100ppm frequency accuracy statement in the fgen specs, is there a common oscillator that feeds all of the functions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,647 Views)

There is a common oscillator that feeds both the scope and the fgen. Given that, there should be a ≤100ppm typical accuracy for the scope timebase, but that specification is not guaranteed.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,592 Views)