VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing VirtualBench 15.2: free firmware update adds arbitrary waveforms, reference waveforms, pulse width trigger to application

Digital Phosphor

Further bonus: the VB-8034 hardware supports digital phosphor. To enable it, select Digital Phosphor from the advanced menu in the upper right of the MSO. This video compares Sample Mode acquisition mode with Digital Phosphor acquisition mode.

Arbitrary Waveforms

The Function Generator has a new mode button: arbitrary waveform. The application can load and playback .txt, .csv, and .vbreference files.

Reference Waveforms

The MSO can capture a reference waveform from an analog or arithmetic channel. The captured waveform can also be saved to file (for playback from the arb or for archiving) and loaded again later.

Pulse Width Trigger

The MSO also has a pulse width trigger, useful for finding or excluding analog and digital pulses. The trigger can detect positive and negative pulses less than a given duration, greater than a given duration, or inside or outside a range.

Get the Free Upgrade!

Start the VirtualBench application and select Search for Firmware Update from the File menu.

Or download the installer: http://www.ni.com/download/virtualbench-driver-15.1/5962/en/

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
Message 1 of 3
(4,786 Views)

I'm teaching a EE intro lab and to simplify student access to arbitrary waveforms I'd like to put them all in one file. I noticed that there is a dropdown menu to select from multiple waveforms in the same file. I'm wondering how I would go about writing my .txt file to include multiple waveforms, or if I need to use the .vbreference format. Also is there any way to store the values in a binary format to reduce file size? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,494 Views)

Hi Eric,

Here is some helpful information on arbitrary waveforms:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371526E-01/vbhelp/fgen_arb/

Take a look at the CSV file examples; they will do what you want. Values are text only; they cannot be stored in binary. I hope that helps to get you started.

Damon

Message 3 of 3
(4,480 Views)