VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API not installed - fix included

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been using the VirtualBench with V1.1.1 of the software installed and wanted to start working with the LabVIEW API so I can do some arbitrary waveform generation, however, the API functions are not showing up under Measurement I/O in either LabVIEW 2013 or 2014 (and the 'VirtualBench' folder isn't in vi lib in either installation).

I tried 'repairing' the installation and also uninstalling and reinstalling the V1.1.1 of the VirtualBench driver but nothing seems to help.

My colleague downloaded the driver and we noticed that the installer version I have is 85MB in size whereas the one he had is nearly 200MB and gives the option to include LabVIEW support.

Both files are identically named 'NIVirtualBench111.exe', as downloaded from the website.

This was incredibly infuriating - please can you re-label your installers for future releases of the software to make it clear that there are multiple versions!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,390 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Sam_Sharp

We quickly realized our mistake as well.  As of the latest releases, the only available download on ni.com is the full API, Driver, and Application installer.  Hopefully this confusion doesn't continue any longer.  You can find the latest on here: http://www.ni.com/download/virtualbench-driver-15.0/5426/en/.  I've found a few broken links that still point to older versions.  I'm working on getting those cleaned up.

------
Zach Hindes
NI R&D
Message 2 of 2
(4,378 Views)