VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to initialize NI-VXI driver

When I tried to run "Resman", I got "Unable to initialize NI-VXI driver, unable to initialize kernal device drivers" error. My driver is NI-VXI/NI-VISA for PCI-MXI-2 and windows 2000/NT/9x (ver 2.1.1), the board is PCI-MXI-2 card. I connected the MXI cable between the PCI-MXI-2 card and VME-MXI-2 card (slot 0) in my VME chasis and power it on before ran it. My os is "Windows 98". If anyone has any suggestion, I highly appreciate.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(9,179 Views)
The error you are seeing indicates that the NI-VXI driver has not been started by your system. This could be because your system is not recognizing the PCI-MXI-2 card.

Did you install the software (NI-VXI driver) and then the hardware (PCI-MXI-2) or the hardware and then the software? If you installed the hardware in the machine before the software, then Windows 98 probably assigned an incorrect driver to the PCI-MXI-2 card. In your Device Manager, is there an entry for "VXI Devices" where the PCI-MXI-2 is listed?

If not, then you should shut down the computer and remove the PCI-MXI-2, reboot without the hardware in, shutdown the computer and reinstall the PCI-MXI-2 card.

If there is a listing for PCI-MXI-2 in the device manager, make sure your c
able is connected properly. The end of the MXI-2 cable with the white label should be connected to the PCI-MXI-2.

Also, there is a newer version of the NI-VXI driver. NI-VXI version 3.2 is available on our drivers download page.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(9,179 Views)

I am using VXI with LabWindowsCVI6.0 application.

I have PCI-MXI2 card in my PC and VXI-MXI2 in slot0 of VXI chassis.

NI DAQ version 6.6  was installed

Now i have one anthore PC in which i have installed LabView8.6  and DAQmx9.0 first then after i have installed CVI6.0.

I tried to install NI DAQ6.6 but i couldn't because i have already DAQmx9.0 exist in my PC

Now when i open CVI project which  i have develop earlier.I can not get DAQ help for VXI like "SCAN_Setup", "DAQ_DB_Config","DAQ_Config","GPCTR_Control",GPCTR_Set_Application" etc.

How i can have this NI-DAQ help which is coming in earlier version on START>>Programs>>National Instruments DAQ>> NI-DAQ Help

--Vishnu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(8,034 Views)