From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"resman.exe -o -l" results in "NI VXI Resource Manager has stopped working" error.

When running "resman.exe -l -o" from a command line, I get the error "NI VXI Resource Manager has stopped working" pop-up.

It appears that resman has run since I can access the VXI instruments (i.e. via Soft Front Panels). However, I need to eliminate the pop-up.

Running NI-VXI 3.80 on Windows 7 32-bit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,074 Views)

Hi Jeff,

I ran the Resman -o -l command on a system running Windows 7 32 bit and VXI 3.8 (see attached pictures). I had an error the first time because I still had the logical address of the MXI card set to 0. After changing it to 1, I ran the Resman silently from a command line without problems. I was also able to run Resman from Measurement & Automation Explorer without errors along with running the Resman -o and Resman -l commands. Can you run Resman from Measurement & Automation Explorer or use any of the other commands without the pop-up error? Can you confirm that this command is only being sent once? Had you already run Resman at this point?

Jake H | Product Manager
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,065 Views)