VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i use NI's VXI-1394 controller to control the CONDOR's VXI-1553B module?

Now I want to use the NI's VXI-1394 to control a CONDOR's VXI-1553B module.But I did a test and found that the NI's VXI-1394 can not control that module.The VXI-PCI8015 can control the VXI-1553B module.
But I have a VXI-1394 module and I want to use that to control the CONDOR's VXI-1553B module.How can I do that?Give me a hand,please.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,195 Views)
Hello Lincoln,

Judging by the fact that you mention the VXIpc-8015, I am deducing that you are using the VXI-MXI-2 card under Windows NT. Is that correct?

Under Windows NT, the VXI-MXI-2 board and the VXI-1394 need to use different versions of the NI-VXI driver.

The VXI-PC-8015 (MXI-2) should be using NI-VXI v3.2, while the VXI-1394 needs to use a special version of the driver (v2.1.1) because Windows NT does not natively support the IEEE 1394 protocol.

The issue may simply be the wrong driver, but if it is not, we will need to know more information about your system.

1a. What version of NI-VXI are you using with the VXI-1394

1b. What version of NI-VXI are you using with the VXI-MXI-2)

2. What OS are you running?

3. How are you attempting to communi
cate with the CONDOR device?

4a. What configuration utility are you attempting to use with the VXI-1394

4b. What configuration utility are you attempting to use with the VXI-MXI-2

5. Is the CONDOR device register based or message based VXI device?

6. Have you used NI-Spy? If so, can you generate NI-Spy logs that might help debug this issue? There is a quick tutorial on NI-Spy here.

Start with these steps, and let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Regards,
Josh Hernstrom
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,195 Views)