From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VME not controller using mxi-2-vme pci

I am using the PCI mxi-2-vme ni card and trying to configure it to replicate my hardware in the A32 address range 0x1000_0000 to 0x1600_0000 and 0x2000_0000 to 0x2800_0000.

I created the devices with the address range in MAX under the same frame that the  NI card is located. I am not too familiar to the VME bus operation, but basically my card I am testing is a bus controller and it polls both addresses and if they are valid it proceeds to the next steps. How can I make the NI card respond to the polls from my UUT at these addresses?

I have setup the NI card as a never slot 0 in the vme bus and enabled A32 memory sharing. I tried setting the register A16 E050 from 5F00 to 5F10 to see if the base address would become valid and nothing. I tried mapping the addresses using the NI example for memory sharing and changing the A16 to A32 and still I get a bus error. Is there something fundamental I am missing or is there some process I could follow to ensure I am not missing anything? I have searched extensively here for some way to do this and nothing I come across seems to work for now. 

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,993 Views)

Hello Nick,

Could you post a screenshot of the error message you get when you try run the example for address mapping? Also, could you point me to said example you are using?

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,914 Views)