From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VME PXI1805

I'm a beginner in VME/VXI field. Past two days I've been reading materials and manuals available in NI. Finally, I think I could say that VME-PXI8015 is what I'm looking for. I have one question though.

In the datasheet of VME-PXI8015, its mentioned that the kit includes PXI-8320, VME-MXI-2, 2m MXI-2 cable. I understand that PXI-8320 goes into the PXI chassis, VME-MXI-2 goes into the VME chassis and the MXI-2 cable connects the two.

But my problem is this: When I click Configure System on the NI VME-PXI8015 main page and eneter the PXI advisor, I can see two items in the Instrument Control list - NI PXI-8320 & NI VME-PXI8015. And when I try to add both Items, the resultant system figure shows two different looking modules (see the attached figure). I thought that if I select NI VME-PXI8015 in the PXI Advisor, PXI-8320 would be attached in the PXI chassis. But it doesn't seem so.

I appreciate anyone who could help me resolve this confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,932 Views)

Hi Shiva,

Looks like I'm facing the same issue, did you come around it? What is the difference between  NI PXI-8320 and NI VME-PXI8015?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,232 Views)

Hey Chris

It is infact a bug in the advisor software as per the NI engineer who helped me with this. 

Basically VME-PXI8015 contains PXI-8320 which goes into PXI chassis plus the VME-MXI-2 board for VME chassis & a cable connecting the two boards.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,221 Views)

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for the help.

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,209 Views)