VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCPIP Address in Labview Runtime

Hi, I'm not sure if I am posting this to the right place. Anyway I am an inter so please take it easy on me.

I made a VI that automates a test procedure using some agilent GPIB instruments and a leCroy scope hooked up through ethernet. On the computer i developed it on everything works perfectly i can pick all the instrument adresses no problem.

I built the executable and handed it off, now on a different computer using labview runtime engine the program can only find the GPIB adresses, not the TCPIP. any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,632 Views)

Hello mdali,

Have you confirmed that the target computer communicates or even connects to this device? You might want to do a ping test to see if the device answer back. If you’re using VISA, have you confirmed that the device is recognized as a VISA resource in the second computer?

Best Regards,

Alina M

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,608 Views)

Yes I pinged the scope and the computer has communication with it.

I have two identical setups (Lecroy scope, agilent source, agilent load, yokogawa power meter) on the development computer everything worked fine on the first setup, and also on the 2nd setup. When I brought it back to the first setup now it will not find any instruments whether i use the .exe or the .VI.

So in MAX i can recognize all the instruments, and also if i open instrument I/O assistant in labview i can also recognize them. However, in labview it will not find these instruments.

I have tried to manually enter the instrument aliases after creating them in MAX. The GPIB does not communicate, but the TCPIP does work and will also show up in the drop down menu after I have manually typed it in initially

-Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,606 Views)

Hi,

I don't know what is causing your problem but I can tell you how I fix this matter.

My test programs also run on other computers. When I develop a program I always an alias (in MAX)  for all instruments and interfaces.

The only thing I have to do is using the same alias names on both computers. In that way I do not have to worry about other physical interfaces at either side. Works just fine for me.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,599 Views)