VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Manager in MAX 2.0

I'm using LabView 6.02 with a PCI-MXI-2 to VME-MXI-2 interface for my VME. I have built a working communication process for our VME modules, but have difficulty starting the process. After a power up or reset, I need to run MAX 2.0's Resource Manager to detect the devices. How can I do that programatically with LabView?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,627 Views)
There are a couple of different solutions for your problem. The easiest way to configure your VXI system resources without manually running Resource Manager in MAX is to configure MAX to run it automatically. Navigate in the MAX menu to "Tools>>NI-VXI>>VXI Options..." and check "Run VXI Resource Manager on startup". This may be all you need. If you do need to run the Resource Manager from within LabVIEW, the simplest way to do so is to use the System Exec VI from the Communication palette and specify the path of the Resource Manager executable (Resman.exe) in the directory where you installed NI-VXI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,626 Views)
hello scotsalmon
how do you do!
Can you give me a example for using the System Exec VI from the Communication palette to run the Resman.exe?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,626 Views)
cws6805-

Sorry I missed this question!

As you probably figured out by now (since I took so long getting back to you), the System Exec VI in LabVIEW lets you run arbitrary command line operations. It's the VI that looks like a little black-and-white terminal window with a command-line prompt, you can find it in the Communication palette. There's a good description of how it works and all its options in the LabVIEW online help.

-Scot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,627 Views)