VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-VXI 1394 Firmware with win7

Hello all,

I'm facing a problem currently when our VXI rack which is worked well under Win XP needs to be ran under win7 as well because our company internal policy won't let us further use XP. I made experiment already with drivers from NI website, but non of them were worked. BTW NI compatibility chart shows that VXI with FireWire is not supported under Win7 but USB. Anyway I never give up, and trying to find a solution 🙂

ideas:

- maybe some redirectional extra program which would redirect USB connection to FireWire ??

- an external converter which can convert USB to FireWire??

Do you have further ideas or even a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(12,254 Views)

Hi,

According to this site, the VXI-1394 is not supported under Win7: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/63E23F33EB70A086862571EA00659E04

Regarding the firewire/usb question, I'm afraid I don't understand what you are asking. Could you please explain somewhat longer what you mean?

Have a nice day,

N.

Message 2 of 8
(12,238 Views)

Thank you for the response. I'm not familiar yet with the protocol of FireWire and USB. But on the market there are available USB-Firewire converter. I am considered to use one of these between Firewire VXI card and an USB laptop. Do you think it worth to make deeper invstigation or you are sure that no way to make VXI card work under w7.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(12,235 Views)

Hi,

I don't think it is about using usb or firewire connector. There is no driver that supports the 1394 controller under Win7. However I must admit that I am not an expert of the VXI instrumentation, I don't think you can use this controller with Win7.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(12,229 Views)

Good day,

I'm reopening an old issue here.

I have the same issue as zooyork; as I am unable to control my NI VXI-1394 (Firewire) card under Windows 7. I also read that chart saying that VXI-1394 was not supported under Win 7

I was doing some reading and it looks like the NI-VISA driver/firmware could work with my VXI-1394 card. 

Could anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

Vavridog

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(10,397 Views)

I have the same issue, VXI-1394 not supported under WIN7. Did anyone get a resolution?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(9,345 Views)

The only solution is to not use W7 or write your own driver for W7. This is a antique system that I think will never rise again. Official NI statement was already posted here – it is no longer supported and legacy drivers can be requested (as they are no longer available for download) for max. Windows XP. Sorry for that.

Jozef Lipták
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(9,327 Views)

I'd say using supported OS will definitely help.

CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 8 of 8
(9,326 Views)