cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI-8330 / Not seen under device manager

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have an NI PCI-8330 card. I tried this card on 2 different computers (PCI slot) and the card is not even detected under device manager. 

The "Found new hardware wizard" does not even show up whatsoever. 

Possible bad card?

Any suggestions please?

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,768 Views)

el_cid,

The PCI-8330 won't show up in device manager unless it's connected to a PXI-8330 that's powered up.  It's the normal behavior of the card.

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(9,723 Views)

El cid, 

Robert is correct. You can find step by step instructions on setting up your MXI3 system here. Good luck! Let us know if you run into further questions. 

Katie

Katie Collette
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(9,719 Views)

El cid, 

A few other thoughts: Are you using Windows 7? If so, please read this article. You will also need the correct driver. If you are still having trouble, there are some troubleshooting steps here

Katie

Katie Collette
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(9,717 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author el_cid

Running Windows XP Pro SP3 ... I did follow the instructions using http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/322342c.pdf .

I tested this setup on 3 different systems (also running Windows XP Pro SP3) ... 

The PXI chassis is turned on first before the computer (where the card, PCI-8330, is located)

All 3 systems behave the same, Its like the BIOS is frozen and no POST occurs whatsoever. But if the PXI chassis is not turned on then the system boots right up. .. ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(9,705 Views)

El_cid, 

There are some troubleshooting steps that can help. If the computer will not boot, try...

1. Remove all PXI devices from the chassis. 
  2. Make sure the MXI boards are securely seated and placed into the proper slots. The MXI card must be in the first slot of the secondary chassis. (If the first chassis has a controller in it, the PXI MXI can be in any other slot)
  3. Make sure the ends of the cables are fully inserted into the connectors on the MXI boards. The link light on the MXI should stay on the continuously while the system is powered up. If the LED flashes at anytime the link has been lost, possibly due to a loose connection. 
  4. Try changing PCI slots in the computer.

Let me know if any of the above works! If not, let me know if the link light stays on continuously. 

Katie

Katie Collette
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(9,683 Views)