VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview control of CAEN V2718

We produce pulses with CAEN V2718, we use CAEN  vi-s and the first run is OK. We cannot change the pulse parameters in additional run .  Probably, The is a problem with CAEN  END function ?  Zeev

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(11,058 Views)

Mashke, 

My first thought is that you aren't closing the resource properly. Could you provide more information on how your program is setup? 

Regards,

Corey C

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(11,038 Views)

Dear Sir,

Thanks,

I attach the vi

Sincerely,

Zeev

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(11,019 Views)

Dear Sir

Thanks,

I attach the VI

Sincerely,

Zeev

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(11,018 Views)

I cannot find the LabVIEW vi's you are using to configure the V2718. Could you provide a link? 

It appears as though you are configuring the two pluses within the same task. Try splitting the tasks into seperate events "Pulsar A" and "Pulsar B" and closing the resource when the vi finishes. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(11,007 Views)

Hi, 

I am using a A3818 PCI-e CONET inside PC(windows-10) to connect a master VME (VX2718). I have QDC (V965), TDC (V1290N) and I/O register (V977) as slave cards. 
I have to build a DAQ using them to take data from 10 signal channels (NIM) and a trigger. 
I have read the manuals to start with but I dont have much idea of building a DAQ using VME modules. I tried to use the linux version of VME. I can connect to the master. But I can't connect to the slaves. Actually, I am confused with the base address etc etc. 
Would you please guide me to built a DAQ? 
What software interfaces are required? (Labview + VMELib ??) 
How to program?
It will be better if you could suggest some DIY documents on VME DAQ. 
Thank You,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,783 Views)

Hi MyFudan,

It's typically a better idea to create a new thread rather than bump an old thread that's been dead for 5 years. 

That said, I'm curious why you're starting a new project with Win10 and VME? VME is a very old bus standard and we don't recommend using it for new projects due to the limited amount of support for it. In fact, the only VME products NI offers support for are our VXI controllers. Since you're using a CAEN controller, we do not have the resources to advise on any technical difficulties you may run into.

If you have any flexibility in the matter, I would urge you to consider using a PXIe system instead of VME. It's a much newer standard, it can handle more complex systems, it has a much simpler programming interface, and there is far more support for it than VME.

NickelsAndDimes
Product Support Engineer - sbRIO
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,772 Views)