VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Agilent E8408A mainframe in LabView

I'm doing similar thing, using E8408A mainframe and E1419, E1413C A/D card.  how to setup the 64 different channels?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(7,044 Views)
Hello guozhong,
Are you asking for specific function calls?  Do you have the manual for the instrument?  What do you want these 64 channels to do?

Regards,
Angela
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(7,026 Views)
The mainframe card is Agilent 8491, and there are VT 1413C and VT1419 card for voltage and thermal couple reading.  I'm trying controll VT1413C for thermal couple reading. 
I install NI-VISA as primary, and HP-VISA as secondary.  Now it is shown on MAX.
what is next step in order to setup for thermo-couple reading?
Can I send command using VISA-Write VI to this card directly? does not seems work.
It seems that my system is talking using HP-VISA, because MAX can not find it if I download HP-VISA.

thanks

guozhong

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(7,021 Views)
Hello guozhong,
You will need to install NI-VISA as the primary VISA if you want to have both versions of VISA on your machine.  If your instruments prefer to talk to HP-VISA then you will need to enable the Tulip passport to use the VISA functions.  You can do this in MAX in the software>>VISA properties.  For more information about commands to capture thermocouple data, Agilent would be able to provide more information about this as it is their instrument.

Regards,
Angela
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(6,997 Views)

Dear all

now I want to remote control E8408A throug E8491B(IEEE 1394) to control 89605B and E1439A by labview 2010.

the agilent engineer told me no support any labview driver for those VXI interface.

so, I want to ask , which one way can easy to remote control those VXI instrument?

the way can select ...

1. use 89600 v6.31

2. use IO library v16.3

then select,

1. use dll

2. use ActiveX

3. or .net or COM or...

or other way....

by the way, I cannot find HP-VISA , is there still be used?

please give some advice

thanks

patch

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(4,741 Views)