From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Blue Screen when VXI chassis is shutdown Using NI VXI-8360T MXI-VXI and PCIe8362 controllers

Problem Description :

Using NI VXI-8360T MXI-VXI and PCIe8362 controllers.

The software I have is Measurement and Automation Explorer version 5.5.0f0 Problem:  

We have had both controllers set up and working together to include running other VXI instruments using the MXI bus. The problem we are having is that when the VXI chassis is shutdown, it causes the computer (that has the PCIe8362 card in it and connected to the VXI card bus) to experience a blue screen of death.

With our older 777178-01 VXI-MXI-2 configuration, our computer does not experience the blue screen when shutting down the VXI chassis while the computer is still on. Do you have information or past issues with the computer experiencing a blue screen due to VXI chassis shutdown?

NI Software :  Other  version

NI Hardware :  VXI/VME/MXI device VXI-8360T

Driver Version :  

Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,507 Views)

Are you using NI-VXI 3.8.1 (or later) and supported hardware for VPO (variable power on) support?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B1F05BB5C0E321186257950007424B2

I think you need to "warn" the hardware/driver you're going to turn the chassis off, either via MAX or a programatic call.  Sorry I can't give any more specific help, but I've only heard about this and haven't ever done it myself.

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,500 Views)