VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test - Deprecated Functionality

This test returns a failure for any VI that contains one of the following deprecated items:

• CIN
  • Deprecated Property
  • Deprecated Method
  • Deprecated subVI

Note that the 'Deprecated subVI' check currently uses a hard-coded list of subVIs. If you want to update the list, modify the default value of the "Deprecated VI list" in DeprFun Deprecated VIs.vi.

This test is saved in LabVIEW 2012. Follow the instructions here to install and use this test.

Comments
jcosta96
on

Darren - Thanks for this test. I've been trying to write my own check for detecting deprecated nodes, but I'm having limited success. I'd like to know your method, but the VI is password protected. Can you provide any info on the technique that you used? I realize that it's been several years, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

I posted a new version with the password removed. The VI uses the 'Is Deprecated' property to determine if a property or method is deprecated. That property is private, but I see no harm in sharing it here.

jcosta96
on

Thank you very much. That explains why I couldn't find the "Is Deprecated" propery in the labview documentation.

warren_scott
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

What's the chance of getting an updated version of this test, or at least an updated list of what VIs we should put in the deprecated list for newer versions of LV? 

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

I just updated the test with all the deprecated VIs I know about from the past few releases. Let me know if you have any problems or if you know of any deprecated VIs I missed. Note that I used the VI Analyzer Upgrade Tests as a reference for adding the deprecated VIs.

Contributors