Using the NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Blogs in the NI Community

What is a blog? 

A blog is a regularly updated web page that is targeted towards sharing long-form content, personal content, or announcements. Blogs appear in reverse-chronological order to provide users with the most updated article as soon as they reach the page. In the NI Community, blogs are hosted by individual contributors and are typically focused on a topic of interest to Community members. Some NI Community blogs are managed by community users while other blogs are managed by NI employees. 

How do I view blogs within the NI Community? 

Select "Blogs" from the left-hand navigation or from the home page. 

How do I subscribe to a blog? 

Navigate to a blog, click Blog Options near the top of the page, then select SubscribeNow you will receive email notifications whenever a new post is made. 

How do I comment on a blog post? 

1. Select the blog post on which you wish to comment, scroll to the bottom, and click the Comment button. 
2. Enter your comments in the text box that appears. 

3. When you have written your comment, click the Post Your Comment button.  If you decide not to post your content, click the "Cancel” button to delete your content. 

Can I edit or delete my comments? 

Comments can be edited by the author in the first 30 minutes after they post. Click the "Options” menu then select “Edit CommentYou cannot delete a comment, but you can select “Report to Moderator" from the Options menu to request that your comment be edited or removed. 

I posted a comment, but I don't see it. 

Some blogs display new comments immediately, and other blogs do not display new comments until either the blog author or a moderator approves the comment. Return later to see if your comment appears. 

What does "share" mean? How can I share a blog post? 

If you really like a specific blog post, you can share it through a variety of services. After you click "Share," you will see options for sharing the link to the blog post through various social media services. Note: You must have a valid account with a service to be able to share through that service. 

How do I create a blog post? 

• Each blog is limited to a specified set of authors. You will need permission to post to most blogs. 

I have an idea for a new blog. How do I become the author of my own blog?

We always welcome new blogs to the NI Community! New blogs go through an approval process to ensure that blog owners will be committed to their readers. To start the approval process, please send a private message to NI_Community_Support, and we will begin the process. 

If you already host a Blog, refer to the Blog Hosting Policies and FAQ.