Using the NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Blogs in the NI Community

What is a blog?
A blog is a regularly updated webpage that is targeted towards sharing long-form content, personal content, or announcements. Blogs appear in reverse-chronological order to provide users with the most updated article as soon as they reach the page. In the NI Community, blogs are owned by individual contributors and are typically focused around an NI related topic. Some NI Community blogs are managed by community users, while other blogs are owned by NI employees.

How do I view blogs within the NI Community?
Select "Blogs" from the left-hand navigation. There you will find the official NI Blog, blogs on specific products such as LabVIEW, and blogs owned by customers and partners.

How do I subscribe to a blog?
When viewing the blog, click on Blog Options towards the top of the page, then select Subscribe. You will receive email notifications whenever a new post is made.

How do I comment on a blog post?
1. Click on the blog post that you wish to comment on, scroll to the bottom, and click on the Comment button.
2. Afterwards, a text box will appear, allowing you to input your comments.
3. When you have finished inserting your content, click on the Post Your Comment button.

If you have decided that you do not want to post your content, you can click on "Cancel," which will delete your content

Can I edit or delete my comments?
Click on the "Options" drop-down menu then select "Edit Comment." You have 30 minutes to edit your comment after it has been posted.
It is not possible to delete a comment. Please select the "Report to Moderator" option from the drop-down menu to ask for your comment to be removed.

I posted a comment, but I don't see it.
Some blogs display new comments immediately while other blogs will not display new comments until the blog author or a moderator approves the comment. Check back later to see if your comment surfaces.

What does "share" mean? How can I share a blog post?
If you really like a specific blog post, you can share it through a variety of services. Upon clicking "Share," a screen will pop up allowing you to share the link to the blog post through Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, and many more options. Note: You must have a valid account with a service to be able to share through that service.

How do I create a blog post?

• Each blog is limited to a specified set of authors. You will need permission to post to certain blogs.
  • If you are an author of a blog, you will see a Blog Dashboard component on your blog page. Click on Start An Article to begin writing.
  • When writing a blog post, you can enter a subject, teaser, and body. The teaser text is displayed on your main blog page with a Read More link to see the full blog post body.
  • You can also add labels as a way to categorize your blog posts into major themes. Add tags for more granular categorization.
  • There are also SEO options available for editing the canonical URL, title, and description.

Can I schedule a blog post to be posted at a later date?

When creating a new blog post, select the option to Schedule Publication. You can then choose the date and time you wish the blog post to be published.
schedule.pngScheduled posts can be found by selecting View All Drafts from your Blog Dashboard.

How do I edit a draft blog post?
Select View All Drafts from the Blog Dashboard component on your blog page. Then, click on the Edit button for the post you would like to edit.

How can I add more author(s) to my blog?

Please contact community@ni.com with the usernames of the people you would like to add as an author for your blog.

Can I collaborate with another user on a blog post draft?
If your blog has multiple authors, when viewing all drafts for the blog you will only see the drafts you created. However, another user could provide you the link to a draft that they have saved which you can then make changes to. More than one user cannot edit a draft at the same time.

How can my blog post become featured on the community homepage?
If you would like your blog post to be featured, please feel free to contact a moderator or email community@ni.com so that we may review your blog post.

I have an idea for a new blog. How do I become the author of my own blog?
We always welcome new blogs to the NI Community! New blogs go through an approval process to ensure that blog owners will be committed to their readers. To start the approval process, please email community@ni.com to let us know what the topic for your blog and how frequently you expect to publish new content. Please also let us know if there will be other Blog Authors besides yourself.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,143 Views)