USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless video link example works with antenna only but not with SMA to SMA cable

thanks for your help. I have one more question now. If I replace USRP 2920 daughter boards with LFTX and LFRX daughter boards, do I still need to use MIMO cable or not? If not then what changes do I need to make in the design?

Thanks 

JK

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(3,356 Views)

Hi,

I used wireless video link vi. code, I want to sent a video file not live video.

What should I change in the block diagram.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(3,351 Views)

Can you please guide me how can i calculate the energy detection value exactly using labview?

Thanks 

JK

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(3,330 Views)

Hi josephkirmani,

While you can replace the daughter boards, it is not supported by National Instruments. While I believe it should work, you would need to contact Ettus to make sure everything is compatible, and the connections you will need.

Justin M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 14 of 20
(3,319 Views)

ok thank you for your reply I undertsand your point. I will contact ettus about it. If I use USRP 2920 with original daughter boards, so how can I find the exact value of energ detection. Since I am using SMA to SMA cable for connecting two USRPs (Tx and Rx) with attenuator and by changing the value of energy detection parameter it work mostly but still sometime it does not work and skips some data. So I want know how I can find ut the exact value of energy detection parameter (which I need to set in the Noise estimate and chop vi)

Thanks 

JK

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(3,312 Views)

Hi, with SMA cable i receive all the messagge, but i can`t see the image or video.

Do u use only antennas, or MIMO cable too??

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,273 Views)

you may be clipping or triggering at a different point in the signal. the power level is different.  On idea is to insert attenuator(s).  Also the energy detector is hard coded and may not be dynamicly changing the incoming power level.  

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,271 Views)

It works with cable sma to sma,u must use the attenuator in Rx only

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,018 Views)

The example works very well, but the video dosen`t work with dBPSK o BPSK modulation. Somebody could explame me that??

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(2,017 Views)

be sure to turn down the webcam resolution.  The example uses a fixed packet size, so BPSK may be overflowig and causing you to lose data (if its working with higher order modulations.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(2,011 Views)