From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usrp start

Hi

I am a student and want to start with NI USRP-2921.

Is Labview is essential for USRP?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,480 Views)

Hi gctripathi,

NI USRPs are designed to be programmed with LabVIEW or LabVIEW Communications. Using LabVIEW is an easy way to get started and to build powerful programs quickly. You can find many examples of USRP applications on our community here

It is also possible to use other methods to program a USRP, such as GNU Radio. You can find more information about that here

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,469 Views)

Hi Muffin

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

As  there is a driver CD is provided.

My Question is for using USRP with Matlab or GNU radio, do the installation od Driver CD requires?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,449 Views)

Hi Muffin

Today I have tested USRP-2921 with Matlab.

My query:

1. As in USRP TX1, RX1 and TX2 ,Rx2 . Can I use transmission form TX1 to Rx2 on same board and vice-versa?

2. Is there any examples form NI with Matlab?

3. For SISO transmission how can I decide which antenna is transmitting?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,442 Views)

Hi gctripathi,

Questions about using non-LabVIEW programming languages should be directed to Ettus support, rather than NI support. Most everyone on these forums only use LabVIEW. To answer your first question, the hardware is not capable of simultaneously transmiting on Tx1 and recieving on Rx2. The 2922 and 2920 are capable of this, however.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,423 Views)