From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usrp in a LAN

Hi everyone !

I'm using the NI USRP-2920 for my internship.

My school has a LAN and my aim is to connect the USRP to that lan and to access to it by my computer itself connected to the LAN.

An association between the Mac adress of the USRP and a given IP static adress has been made. I'll tell I've been given the IP adress 190.200.10.10, for example, to connect it to the LAN.

So, I've changed the IP adress of the USRP to 190.200.10.10. For that, I've linked directly the device to my computer (that is a Linux with GnuRadio) and made an operation that I found here http://2bytes4u.blogspot.fr/2013/12/setup-or-change-usrp-n210-ip-address-in.html. The operation worked wery well as the ping command showed that the device had the good IP adress.

After that, I linked the computer back to the LAN (so that its IP adress was something like 190.200.10.11) and I linked the device to the LAN too (wich adress was 190.200.10.10).

But it doesn't work.

First, the ping 190.200.10.10 command tells the computer can't discuss with the device.

Secondly, the responsible of the LAN told me the LAN has never detected the presence of the USRP.

Thirdly, the little green led located above, in the left of the Ethernet cable (that was green when I linked the computer and the device directly), wasn't switched on.

Finally, what is the problem ? Can the device be connected to a LAN ? Is there any precaution ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,838 Views)