USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self interference inside USRP

Hi,

I have a problem using USRP 2922 when using both port for transmit at port 1 and receive at port 2 using same frequeny. Why the receiver still can receive the signal from the transmitted signal eventhough port is not attach with antenna. I also try to connect the transmit port with RF cable and the other side of RF cable is connected with attenuator to stop the power transmit. But, the receiver still receive the power. So, I want to know is it possible there is interference inside the usrp if we use the same frequency at both port. Hope anyone can give me the explaination about this issue. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,369 Views)

Hi arma28,

1. Isolation:  The internal switch provides about 30dB of isolation between TX1/RX1 and RX2. As with most transceivers, if you transmit and receive on the same frequency at the same time you will receive your own transmission as well.

2. Spurs: The USRP represents an optimized price vs performance and some images and spurs will occur. 

Other NI RF instrumentation options are available if you're looking for  RF performance. 

Regards,

James

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,293 Views)