From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how independent are the LOs in the new 2944?

I understand from other discussions that the LO's on some USRPs are not independent of each other.  How are they configured in the new 2944R's?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,847 Views)

Hello Art_

On the USRP-RIOs LOs are independent you can transmit/recieve on different frequencies.

Regards

Victor F. | Systems Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer | Certified TestStand Architect
National Instruments Budapest

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,836 Views)

Art_,

The only USRP where the LOs are not indpendent  from each other is the USRP 2901. In this USRP, both Tx channels share the same LO, and both Rx channels share the same LO.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,832 Views)

Hi Victor,

I applied the approval for using the USRP 15.5 beta driver to test the 160MHz UBX duaghter performance. 

I am using USRP X310 as the based, and installed 2 UBX 160M daughter boards.

With USRP 15.5 driver, X4 MXI cable connected to PXI chassis.

Using Labview 2015 32 Bits.

Testing the boards with Simple Rx Streaming (Host).vi.

I have two questions:

1. In order to run the vi, I have to set the "Wait for LO to lock" in "Configure Frequency.vi" to "F", which is "T" in original setting.

2. After set "Wait for LO to lock" to "F", I can run the vi with maximum IQ sampling rate in 120MS/s rather than 160MS/s

Now, I doubt about whether I am using right FPGA bitfile and right EEPROM seeting to run the system at 160M

So, do you have any experience on using 160M system setting?

Cheers,

Bo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,801 Views)