From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code: -1074118627

Hi mr7,

The safemode is on page 12 of the guide. Here is the text from the guide - 

If you cannot reset the default device IP address, your device may be on a different subnet than the host network adapter. You can power cycle the device in a safe (read-only) image, which sets the device to the default IP address of 192.168.10.2.

1. Open the device enclosure, making sure to take appropriate static precautions.

2. Locate the safe-mode button, a push-button switch (S2), inside the enclosure.

3. Press and hold the safe-mode button while you power cycle the device.

4. Continue to press the safe-mode button until the front panel LEDs blink and remain solid.

5. While in safe-mode, run the NI-USRP Configuration Utility to change the IP address from the default, 192.168.10.2, to a new value.

6. Power cycle the device without holding the safe-mode button to return the normal mode

Go ahead and give that a try to get the IP address corrected, then follow I.B. Hating's steps.

-Eric H.

Applications Engineer

Eric H.
Senior Field Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,238 Views)

Hi,

I can not open the device , because of the warranty label ;

are there another solution like using the command to update the firmwar instead of opening device ? I

f so, can you help me please.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,216 Views)

Hello,

Just to confirm:

1. You have installed NI-USRP 15.0

2. You have tried to update the firmware/fpga image to N210 Rev4

3. You got a message that says it was successful (no errors appear either)

4. After turning off the USRP, closing out of the utility, then turning it back on and opening the Configuration Utility again the USRP still says it needs updates.

Is this correct?

Also, I have confirmed hat with the NI USRP-2930 removing the sticker and opening the device does not void the warranty. Please open the device, put it in Safemode and try again to update the firmware. 

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,195 Views)

Hello; 

Yes,I follow the steps you said but it does not work ; I even try uapdate firmware with safemode but it does not function (After turning off the USRP, closing out of the utility, then turning it back on and opening the Configuration Utility again the USRP still says it needs updates.);

With regards,

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,167 Views)

Hello,

The simplest way to continue with this would be to call or email in to NI for support. That way one of the support engineers could get on the phone with you and get a better description of what is going on. You can reach NI by going to www.ni.com/support and going to Service Request Manager at the bottom. You can also try calling at 866-275-6964.

I have never encountered this specific issue so what it could be is a bad EEPROM in which case the USRP needs replacing. It could also be a computer issue in which case you may try installing NI-USRP on another computer and trying to format again.

You can also try using the Ettus Firmware installer located here:

http://files.ettus.com/binaries/images/

You can try this image:

uhd-images_003.010.git-197-g053111dc.zip

Although ultimately I recommend calling in.

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,124 Views)