USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code: -1074118627

Hello

I have a ni USRP 2930 Labview 2014 (32-bit) sur Windows 8(64-bit) When I try to run any example of the NI USRP VI like Tx Continuos Async it reports

the following error code: -1074118627 niUSRP Open Rx Session.vi<ERR>A runtime or configuration error occurred. Code: 2638 Details: ValueError: Timeout after no valid message found .

Can any one help me please?

With regards,

mr7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,211 Views)

Hello,

This error is most likely due to an outdated firmware on the USRP. Could you try updating the firmware? You can find instructions for doing this on page 9 and 10 of the Getting Started Guide located here:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376356a.pdf

You will want to have the latest version of NI-USRP when you do this. The latest version can be downloaded here:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-usrp-15.0/5679/en/

This version is compatibile with the 2930 and LabVIEW 2014.

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
Message 2 of 15
(6,177 Views)

Hello

I have the same problem with the same material USRP2930, and when I made ​​the configuration utility it gives me USRP2 type/revision instead of usrp 293x , despite that I made this update, can you give me more information what can i do ?

Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,149 Views)

Hi,

I download the NI-USRP driver 15.0. When I try to detect my USRP devices  with the NI-USRP Configuration Utility, it appear as as ***usrp2. Their image status are set to "update needed". I tried to update them by selecting the images corresponding to USRP 2930 ,there are no discreet images for 293x series.

I follow the document GETTING STARTED GUIDE to update the USRP,but nothing has changed;

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(6,115 Views)

Hello,

Try updating the FPGA image first using the N210 firmware. The 2930 (as well as a few other USRPs) share a firmware type which is overall called N210. Please let me know if updating to this firmware does not work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(6,086 Views)

Hello,

I Tried to update the FPGA image using the N210 firmware but does not work,;

I follow the following steps, for updating the firmware:

- Selected the device,

- Selecting the image Corresponding to USRP N210 as subscript the following picture :

Then, these messages appear : I click ok

-but when I launch  device research does not function,

what can i do;

please give me an answer,

With regards,

mr7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,073 Views)

Hello,

I followed the exact same procedure with my 2930 and it worked. Initially, after rebooting the device the Type/Revision said ***usrp2 as well. I was able to clear this by just exiting out of the Configuration Utility and opening it back up. If that doesn't work for you try a power cycle of the 2930.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,050 Views)

Hello,

Please give me more information,about "power cycle of the 2930", and how to solve this problem. Another problem confronting me is that when I try to change the device 's IP address , it does not change;

please I need your answer;

With regards,

mr7

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,038 Views)

Hello,

What I mean by that is to unplug the USRP and plug it back in. Then, reopen the USRP Configuration Utility and check to see if the name of the USRP has changed. 

I suspect that you will have to make sure the USRP's firmware is up to date before you can change the IP address. Either that or the USRP Configuration Utility is not updating. You may need to click Refresh in the utility or just close and open it again after making changes.

If you are still not able to update the firmware on the USRP (I would recommend trying once more the normal way, making sure to refresh the Utility after trying again) you may want to attempt a firmware update in Safemode. The instructions for putting the 2930 in Safemode are found on page 12 of the Getting Started Guide.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,023 Views)

Hi,
I still not able to update the firmware on the USRP,I try to update more the normal way but the name of the USRP has not changed.
I want to attempt a firmware update in Safemode, but i not find de Safemode in the guide.can you help me pleas, i need your help.

With regards,
mr7

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,991 Views)