USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1074118626 local oscillator did not lock within the alloted time

Hi everyone,

I am working on 2x1 MIMO communication using USRP 2920 and the software Labview. When I run the VI corresponding to the transmitters, I have this error:

niUSRP Write Tx Data (2D CDB).vi<ERR>The local oscillator did not lock within the alloted time.

My transmitters are linked with a MIMO cableThe timebase clock source and reference frequency of the first one is set to Internal and the other one is set to MIMO. 

What would be the problem?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,106 Views)

Hi,

Is this an intermittent problem ?

At what frequencies does this occur ?

Is it at carrier frequencies below 100MHz ?

Thanks.

Can you determine how frequent are the errors ?

You may use a simple VI like this.

Note: I am using driver 14.0 and higher.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,011 Views)

There was an issue for those devices, where if you had one Tx session (with two devices) and one Rx session (one device) for a 2x1 system, it would fail.  The workaround was to create BOTH session with two devices, and simply disable the second Rx channel on the Rx session.

Please try that and see if it fixes your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,985 Views)

Hi,

I finally fixed the problem. I just had to to set the parameters like in the screenshot. In the rest of the code, these parameters were changed. That's why I had this error. 

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,972 Views)

Hi  Adeline01, I have the same problem.

Could you please tell us wich values have you set for "Start triger time"?

And the parametres for receiving section?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,685 Views)

I face error as same as you, guys..

I worked with N210+SBX. My tx-side have 2-vi. Transmit.vi and Ref-transmit.vi. (fyi, I got this code from https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25716)

After the Transmit-VI receives the confirmation from Ref-Trasmit.VI that both the transmitter USRP sessions are open, then it starts to continuously transmit a tone of given parameters.

The error occured after Ref-Transmit.vi was run.

Long ago, I ever try this code, but it runned smoothly without any problem..but now, this cute error appears.

Anybody can help me to fixed it, please ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,287 Views)