From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot find subVIs USRP fetch

Hi, All, 

I am fresh in Ni USRP. set up the Labview 2012 64bit, and the Ni USRP driver 1.3. However, when I am opening the examples, several VIs cannot be found , for example, NI USRP RX Fetch.vi etc. Can I know why as soon as possible? Thanks.

Chen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,702 Views)

Hi Chen,

I understand that you have installed the NI USRP Driver 1.3 but the NI USRP RX Fetch.vi cannot be found.

This is because the NI USRP RX Fetch.vi is available with the NI USRP Driver 1.1 which you would need to install in order to use that VI.

Here is a quick guide to the different USRP drivers and what could be achieved by installing each one, given in the description.

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du/q/usrp%20drivers/

I hope this solves your problem , if not , please let me know of anything else I could help you with.

Kind Regards,

Mark Ghannam

Applications Engineer Intern
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,688 Views)

That is not correct.  All of the NI-USRP API VIs that existed in older versions are still present in newer versions.  I'm assuming, Chen, that you mean niUSRP Fetch Rx Data (poly).vi (or niUSRP Fetch Rx Data (CDB/I16/CDB WDT/...).vi).  These VIs are installed by NI-USRP 1.3.

I believe the problem is that you are using 64-bit LabVIEW.  The NI-USRP driver does not support the 64-bit version of LabVIEW.  So the VIs are not installed to the 64-bit LV directories and the niUsrp.dll will not load in a 64-bit process.

You can still use NI-USRP on a 64-bit system, but you must use it from a 32-bit LabVIEW process.

NI-USRP 14.0 will fully support 64-bit LabVIEW 2014.  This driver version will be released very soon.

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,643 Views)