From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between the REFin and PPSin? May I use the PXI 5652 to synchronize USRPs?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, everyone!

I am working on a project which I need to synchronize 8 USRPs(USRP 2920) as receivers. And it seems that PXI 5652 has a REF out connector, so I decide to use it as the reference clock of the 8 USRPs. But I do not know how to connect the PPSin, and in fact I am confused of the difference between the REFin and PPSin.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,446 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay_c

Hi Jay_c,

In brief,

Ref In is the terminal for the USRP device to accept a external reference frequency signal (10Mhz).

PPS In is the terminal for the USRP device to accept a external time base clock source signal (1 pulse per second )

You can refer to this white paper for a detailed description about 8*8 MIMO system.

Please refer to the "Timing and Frequency"  section for information specific to your question.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14311/en/

I am not sure whether you can use the 5652 signal generator specifically for your application.

Message 2 of 2
(5,133 Views)