USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP for Bit Error Rate Measurements using Packet-based Digital Link Example

Hi,

since there were no further replies in Questions about Packet-based Digital Link Example I am trying my luck with a better thread title. I want to use the Packet-based Digital Link Example to measure the BER of a transmission. The problem is that it is not possible to send the packet all once and to the received them all even when both USRPs are cable connected. 

I have tried the suggested improvements like shorter acquisition duration or queue architecture structure for the USRP receiver, but both were unsuccessful. 

The attached zip-file is equal the zip-file from the download page. There are only three additional VIs:

- "USRP Packet Transmitter send only once.vi", which sends all packets only once

- "USRP Packet Receiver Queued.vi", which is the queued version of the original shift register version

- "InitRxQ_mod.vi", which creates the queues used by the queued packet receiver

I hope that somebody could give me some hints, since BER measurements would be a nice application for the USRPs.

Best regards,

YYYs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,029 Views)

hello there!!i have the similar application for ber measurement by using psk modulation.the data length can be increased in the receving part which make a loop and for example recevie 1000times then length of the data will be increased.

by the way since u would like to measure the ber too but there is also quite important certia that is the SNR because in the end u would like to draw a ber verse snr,right??from the example that being given on the forum the receiving part indicate the power level of signal and noise,but when i tried to calculate the SNR coesponding to ber, it could not match.the situation is by increasing the tx gain the ber is dropping and theortical the snr should be increased but from the reading i got and the snr is dropping too.do u have any solution for that??thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,760 Views)

Dear YYY, 

Did you able to calculate BER? If you do not mind can you share your file here,

Thanks 

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,791 Views)

Hi. Did you find the solution. It is the problem of many of us using usrp. Please help me if anyone did the BER measurement correctly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,881 Views)