USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP antenna name setting with basic TX and RX board.

Hello, everybody.

I am using USRP N210 and basic RX and TX board. I want to know how to set active antenna with basic TX and RX daughter board.

I saw Sarah Y's  reply from http://forums.ni.com/t5/Academic-Hardware-Products-NI/How-to-set-active-antenna-for-ni-usrp-driver-w...

So, I checked on basic RX and TX daughter board. the board has two SMA connector RX-A(J19) RX-B(J18) and TX-A(J48) TX-B(J49) respectively.

But, it isn't work and error occurred when i set Active Antenna name (string constant) : J19 or J18(labeled name)

A runtime or configuration error occurred.
Code: 2638
Details: ValueError: no selectable antennas on this board

I also have a SBX board which is working correctly when I set Active Antenna name : TX/RX or RX2.

If I set Active Antenna name : J1 A runtime or configuration error occurred.
Code: 972
Details: AssertionError: assertion failed:
  J1 is not a valid sbx rx antenna name.
  possible values are: [TX/RX, RX2].

Did you test your daughter board with labeled name?

Plese help me.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(9,304 Views)
The Basic boards do no have a inboard switch, only direct connections to each DAC or ADC. This means that both ports are always sam
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(9,301 Views)

Edit time expired, trying again with a complete response.

The antenna selection changes the front-end switch on the WBX/XCVR boards.  The Basic boards do not have a switch. They are both directly sampled as I and Q respectively.  Therefore the antenna selection parameter is not used with those boards.  Use property nodes rather than the single config block to configure the device parameters.

Secondly there is a known issue with LO lock, speficically that the driver expects one and the low frequency boards don't have them .  At the time of release only  the XCVR2450 and WBX were tested as stated in the Readme.  NI is planning to release an updated driver in the next week or so that address this and adds other functionaity.

Regarding the SBX, it has been tested in the coming driver update as well.

Regards,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(9,290 Views)

Thank you for all your very helpful information.

I'll try to use property node to configure the device paramenter.

Actually, I'd like to implement a BANDPASS SAMPLING without LO.

So, Another question is  Can I transmit digital data from ADC diretly?

It means FPGA handle with Labview.

Regards,

Kyungwoon.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(9,277 Views)