From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP X310 doesnt show up in NIMAX

I've got an X310 with the UBX-160 daughterboards on a 1GB ethernet link. I can ping the device and even burn the NIUSRP fpga image but it doesn't show up in NIMAX so I cant get a resource name for it. I cant manually add it either because USRP devices arent listed in the setup menus.  I'm trying to use this thing with LV FPGA but the only example (Streaming Xcvr (FPGA).vi) requires a resource name. What can I do?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,550 Views)

An X310 will not show up in MAX if it is connected using Ethernet.  The only way to use it over Ethernet is through UHD or the NI-USRP API in LabVIEW. LabVIEW FPGA is only supported over PCIe, and the device will be assigned a resource name (RIO0) automatically when it is connected by PCIe.  The UBX-160 is not currently supported in LabVIEW FPGA, only the WBX(40+120), CBX(40+120), and SBX(40+120) are supported.

Message 2 of 2
(3,541 Views)