USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP Transmitter

Hello,

I am working with the following vi. How should I check if it is transmitting to the usrp. I am trying with fm radio  in my phone but with that I am not detecting anything. Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,694 Views)

Hello 

I tried using the USRP  PAM receiver example given with the toolkit to detect this but I am unable to detect anything. I am not able to figure out where I am going wrong in the above vi. Please help.

Thank You 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,690 Views)

Hey chahatb,

There are a lot of possible reasons that you might not be seeing your signal.  First, you should verify that the USRP is not throwing an error.  I would recommend connecting the error wire to the stop button of your while loop, or connecting the error wire and the stop button to an OR operation, and the output of the OR to your stop button.  When you stop your code, do you get any errors?

Another easy thing you can try is to use the shipping examples.  You can test your hardware with them, and then add to them to implement your modulation.  I would recommend starting with niUSRP EX Tx Continuous Async.vi.  You can run niUSRP EX Rx Continuous Async.vi at the same time, and you should be able to see your signal (unless you are using an NI-2921 or an XCVR daughterboard which is only half duplex and cannot transmit and receive at the same time).  This is a basic first step to help get started and verify that your hardware is working.  If you have a specific application, please feel free to ask more questions and post more details about what you are doing so the best answers can be provided.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,686 Views)

Hello,

I have connected the error box to the stop button of while loop and this is the error I am getting

The type of Fetch or Write method invoked does not match the  niUSRP_Attr_HostDataType value.

Also why I am not using any inbuilt example because I wanted to try one of my own and I wasn't able to understand the inbuilt ones fully.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,667 Views)

Hello

I am able to do the conversion. But the constellation diagram in the following vi is not displaying anything.

Please Help.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,661 Views)