From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP Transceiver Project, Problem with Synchronization [N200]

Hello,

I am currently working the two USRP N200 boards equipped with WBX Daughterboards. Both boards are connected to the same PC via Ethernet cable and I want to use the transceiver components too build a continuous up- and downlink. USRP Board 1 should transmit and Board 2 receive data at a specific time t1 and afterwards the other way around at the time t2. I have done an implementation of this as shown in the attached picture. I use the "Set Time"-VI to synchronize both boards to the same time. By testing this I ran into some problems and would like another insight:

1) How big has the time gap between t1 and t2 to be? Optimally it would be "sample size"/"I-Q-rate", but that doesn't really work out for me.

2) Although I use the "Set Time"-Vi either the transmitter or the receiver are not synchronized. Some times I get data to early and some times to late. Is there another way to do this? Is this due to the Ethernet connection? Any insight on this would be great!

labview_transceiver.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,212 Views)

No one any idea on how to solve this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,145 Views)