USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP RIO 2953R update firmware

Solved!
Go to solution

What happens when you try to run an example using the device?

Can you run this utility and reply with the output?

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-USRP\utilities\uhd_usrp_probe.exe

Also when you updated the firmware from MAX can you confirm you used this image:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-USRP\images\usrp_x310_fpga_HGS.lvbitx

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(2,853 Views)

when i run the program, the program has stopped working like the picture i attach.

i've run the utility in  "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-USRP\utilities\uhd_usrp_probe.ex", then  just appears a command window just for a while.

i don't know how to confirm the image was install correctly, but i've installed "usrp_x310_fpga_HGS.lvbitx" using NI-MAX like the screen capture that i attach

have you ever find similar problem ? or do you know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(2,848 Views)

I have not seen this before. It's a bit hard to see the picture of the UHD Probe output. Can you run it again? (it may take a while as it possibly needs to download a bitfile to the device).

Also how are you connected to the device? PCIe or Ethernet?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(2,839 Views)

is that necessary to connect the USRP device? cause i'm not in my laboratory

but, I will sent that the picture of the UHD Probe output soon

using PCIe 4x4 with express card, is it possibly be a problem? or there are different configuration to using PCIe?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(2,836 Views)

this the window UHD probe output that appear, when i run C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-USRP\utilities\uhd_usrp_probe.exe

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(2,819 Views)

Hi Irfan,

You mentioned this issue only happens with your laptop. Can you tell me the model of the PCIe device you use to connect the laptop to your USRP RIO device? Can you also tell me how you connect the USRP RIO to other computers when the device does work? Are you also using a PCIe device on other computers? If so can you tell me the model number of the other PCIe device?

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(2,808 Views)

I used PCIe cable "National Instrument X1 to X4, manufacture P/N 156671A" it mentioned on that lable with express card 8360B
i'm not tried to another computer yet because there aren't have serial port (PCIe port on the other laptop)

is it possible the problem caused from the cable or port PCIe?

Thanks,

Irfan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(2,796 Views)

Hi Rama015,

I think the issue is with the BIOS compatibility of your laptop, but there are some more things I'd like to check. I've listed those things below.

1. Are you turning on the USRP before turning on your laptop?

2. Can you send me a MAX Technical report? Instructions: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

3. Can you provide a screenshot of what the device looks like in Windows Device Manager?

4. Can you run through the KB below and post your results? I think the MXI compatibility tool may help in this situation, and the steps listed in the KB below will give us a better idea on whether or not that's the right step. 

KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BF84B75E08D2A7708625763B00670007?OpenDocument

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(2,765 Views)

Hi JamesBattleaxe,

I did the steps you've listed, and this the result:

1. yes, i turn the usrp on first before the my laptop

2. i attach the MAX Technical report 

3. Screenshot attached

4. i read from the link that you shared and i attach that result, maybe there's something wrong from my result, but i don't know how to fix it? 

tell me if i did the wrong step from the instruction.

hopefully you could diagnose this problem.

so, what should i do for the next? maybe you have some advice or alternate solution

thanks, 

Rama

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(2,756 Views)

Hi Rama015, 

Thanks for all the info you provided. Looking at the results of the MXI Bus Detection utility, your system BIOS has a limited range of bus numbers. This may be the reason you're seeing weird behavior from your USRP device. 

We have a MXI compatibility tool that may be able to help correct this issue. This tool may not work on every system due to limitations of the BIOS or motherboard, but I think it's worth a try. I've linked the download page below.

Please go through the readme carefully before using the tool. There is a very specific set of instructions for the Expresscard 8360. Those instructions apply to the Expresscard 8360B as well. 

Link: http://www.ni.com/download/mxi-express-bios-compatibility-software-1.5/3764/en/

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(2,743 Views)