USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP Execution Speed

Does anybody know how fast the USRPs can execute tasks like tune to a different frequency or read/write to GPIO pins when controlled by LabVIEW? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,579 Views)

Hi mike1234567890,

What USRP model are you using or looking to use?

Justin M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,561 Views)

We have N210s with WBX daughterboards. LabVIEW works fine accessing the pins on the WBX granddaughterboard but I'd like to switch outputs to them as quickly as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,557 Views)

Hi mike1234567890,

The USRP N210 with the WBX board does not look like a combination I am familiar with.  I would recommend emailing Ettus support (the people who make the USRP/board combo) at support@ettus.com. They would be able to give you more detailed information and specifications like that.

Justin M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,533 Views)

I bet the Ettus USRP N210 is essentially the same hardware as the NI-USRP 2920 or 2930. They have the same specs from what I can tell. The NI-USRP blocks all work with my N210. So do you know how fast the NI-USRP 2920 or 2930 can switch GPIO outputs or if not that, then retune the LO to a different frequency?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,526 Views)

Hi mike1234567890,

I am looking to see if that is something we spec. It is not in the normal documentation, so it will take a little more digging.

Justin M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,509 Views)