USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP-2921 not detected by my laptop

Solved!
Go to solution

I am now using Macbook Air and install Windows 7 by using Bootcamp, so I need to use the ethernet adapter to connect the cable between the device and my laptop. And I installed LabVIEW in Windows 7. However, even though I set up the LAN IP address 192.168.10.4( The USRP's IP address is 192.168.10.3), my laptop still can not detect the USRP.

I tried Macbook Pro that installs Windows 7 and it can detect the device sucessfully. Thus I think the problem may come from the ethernet adapter, but when I checked the driver information about the adapter, it worked well.

Could someone help me to resolve the problem? Do I need to re-install the driver of the ethernet adapter?

Many thanks

LDY
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,449 Views)

It sounds like the etherent adapter is a 10/100 adapter. The USRP requires you go through a 1 GB ethernet adapter.  A work-around for lower bandwidths is to use a 10/100/1000 switch in between the laptop and USRP.  1000 (1GBe) adapters are also available for mac laptops connectring with Thunderbolt.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,443 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

The ethernet adapter is 10/100 Base-T.

So I need to get a 10/100/1000 switch for connection?

LDY
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,439 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ldy1559

the ethernet speed is the bottle neck.  so you'll see reduced performance with the switch because your laptop will only run at 100 max.  so instead of 25 MHz you'll get 2.5 MHz of streaming.

but yes, a switch would at least get you running.  I really recommend the tunderbolt to gigibit ethernet adapter.

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,436 Views)

Thank you so much

Unfortunately, my Macbook Air does not have Thunderbolt interface

LDY
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,432 Views)