From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD_FIND_DEVICES can not find USRP N2922 board

I am trying to set up OpenBTS on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I have built the master version of RangeNetworks script. Since the transceiver did not start, I tried to detect the USRP 2922 device using:

uhd_find_devices --args=addr= 192.168.20.11

This is the actual IP address of the device and ping works fine with this IP address.

I have tried disabling any firewall (sudo ufw disable).

Also, lights D and F are on suggesting that the firmware has loaded successfully. What else could be the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,322 Views)

Hi RussianSoyuzRocket

I am afraid we do not seem to have much documentation on OpenBTS to provide much input or guidance, hopefully someone on the community will be able to assit. From what I've read on the topic I am wondering:

- Did you change the image on the USRP? According to my understanding an specific image is needed for this. 

- Is the OpenBTS version you are using compatible with the N2922? (I read that not all versions support this particular USRP, but I did not find much more there)

- Is the USRP detected by the config utility?

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,257 Views)

Hi RussianSoyuzRocket,

Open BTS isn't supported in LabVIEW, and pretty much everyone on these forums is a LabVIEW user. If you're using UHD or GNU Radio, I recommend contacting Ettus Research support at support@ettus.com, or through the USRP users mailing list. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,254 Views)

https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_identification.html

Can you try putting within quotes? For example,

uhd_find_devices --args="addr=192.168.20.11"
Sastry Vadlamani
RF Principal Software Engineer
Aerospace and Defence BU
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,250 Views)

Thank you everyone! The issue was with the LAN cable. I switched to a Gigabit LAN cable and the device was recognized with simply "uhd_find_devices".

For the records, I have successfully set up OpenBTS on USRP NI-2922. I used the Range script with the N210 configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,246 Views)