USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD_FIND_DEVICES can not find NI-USRP 2920 in Ubuntu

Hello,

I am now trying to use NI USRP-2920 with OpenBTS. However, when I installed UHD driver to Ubuntu 12.04 I cannot ifnd the NI devices when I type the command uhd_find_devices. I have already rewrited the image of Ettus N210 to the NI USRP device in windows. Does that mean I need to rewrite the image again in the Ubuntu? If so, how can I do that?

Sincerely,

Zhiyuan Zheng

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,940 Views)

Hello zheng55

You should really be using Ubuntu 14.04. You don't need to (and really shouldn't) use Ubuntu 12.04. I would ask him to upgrade Ubuntu 14.04, then build UHD 3.8.2 from source. Also, you should make sure that you are using a 1 Gbps Ethernet connection. A 100 Msps Ethernet connection will *not* work. Make sure you have no firewall running. You can check this with "sudo iptables -L". You shouldn't need to re-burn the image, as long as the burn that you did under Windows succeeded.

Regards

Frank R.

Message 2 of 5
(5,926 Views)

Another thing to check... be sure you have 1GBe ethernet card.  10/100 Ethernet is not supported.

Message 3 of 5
(5,923 Views)

Hi, Frank R.

Thank you for your reply! I firstly checked if I have 1GB ethernet card and it seemed to be 1GB because the "port" field shown in the configuration utility is "1G". I also tried to assign static IP address of 192.168.10.1 by changing the /etc/network file. I disable the ubuntu firewall by typing sudo ufw disable. Will that work? What is the command sudo iptables -L used for?I still cannot find the device now but one thing I found is that after I type the "uhd_find_devices" the orange light on the upper right port is on and LED light A,C,D,E,F is on. Will that be a problem?

Sincerely,

Zhiyuan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,909 Views)

Hello zheng55

Here on page 23 you can find information about the status according to the LEDs. Also, about the status LEDs for the Ethernet Ports, the left LED is AMBER when it is operating as a Gigabit connection, and the right LED should be blinking if there is activity on this port.

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,901 Views)