USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two synchronized USRPs receive the same sinewave emitted by another USRP, there is a random and obvious phase offset between the received signals of the 2 receivers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, everyone!

First, I use one USRP as a transmitter to emit a sinewave (the signal is exp(j2*pi*f*t)), then  I use the external clock to synchronize two USRPs (both the Ref in and PPS in are connected to the clock) as receivers. As the receivers are synchronized and they are at the same distance from the transmitter, I thought the signal they receive should have an almost the same phase. However, in practice, the phase offset is quite big, and this problem really confuses me.received signals from 2 receivers.PNG

this is the received signals from 2 receivers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,528 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay_c

Yes. What you observe is expected.

Near the bottof of this document read the secton "Phase Alignment vs. Phase Coherence"

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14311/en/

And also, for aligned phase, see the following "Angle of Arrival Detection with NI USRP"

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25716

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,521 Views)

Thank you, Erik! Your reply perfectly answers my question!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,503 Views)

捕获.PNGHi,

Hi, Erik. I have seen the AOA demo, and I am curious about the receivers where the two antenna connectors are used as RX (one by wire while the other is wireless). However, when I go to see the NI USRP-2920 Block Diagram, I think the RF Switch can only switch to one direction, is that right to use these two connectors as RX at the same time?

And can the two connectors of  USRP-2921 be used as RX at the same time?(In my lab, I only have USRP-2921)

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,345 Views)
The AoA code only received from channel rx1 and never the second one by wire using the switch. The students were clever and treat the switch as an attenuator since it has leakage. You could accomplish the same using a T junction on Rx1 with 30db of attenuation in the cabled path.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,335 Views)