From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggling ATR registers Value not working

Solved!
Go to solution

I am making changes in Full-Duplex Streaming Host and Tx-Streaming files to implement a TDD system using single antenna.

I plan to toggle ATR register values by changing RF 0/RX Enable and RF 0/TX Enable in between True and False as shown below. Capture.PNG

I expect that the values of RF 0/RX Enable being read from FPGA properties should also toggle in same fashion as implemntented in seperate while loop outside the transmitting while loop.

But the value being read from FPGA properties sticks to one value and never toggles!

Should not USRP stop transmitting when RF 0/TX Enable is made false?  But I see it's continously transmitting data.

Whats right way to toggle values of ATR register from host side?

Once confimred for TDD system using toggling at Host side I shall implement toggling at FPGA side for fast switching of antenna.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,687 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wired_

Hi Wired,

First, you need to put your writes to the FPGA Controls in a loop.

Right now it looks like you are toggling it in a loop and reading from them in a loop but never writing in a loop.

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes! Then, based off of what you have configured in your Rx and Tx states, it should swap between those configurations.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,661 Views)

Hi!

What do you mean by writing FPGA Control in a loop?

The parameters that I am toggling is actually duplicate version of the ATR Rgegisters (RF 0/TX Enable and RF 0/RX Enable).

I am not clear about this reference.

I had another question, suppose I get Tx Enable to be false and even then am writing in transmitter loop where does this data go? Is the stream thrown away since TX chain has been terminated or it's an error?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,633 Views)

Hi!

I did this and I guess now it's writing in the loop 

Captur1e.PNG

But I am encountering an Errro as :

Capture1.PNG

This happens only after I run the application for a time. Every attempts after first run gives this error.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,601 Views)

Thanks!

I recompiled and now toggling works fine now , when you write to FPGA paramteres inside the loop directly.

But the chain color indicators(Red/Green) are not showing the changes/switching.

But still there is part of the self data coming in which I think can be sorted by digital frequency shifting.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,583 Views)