USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TX and RX switching on N210 with SBX

Hi all,

I'm implementing TX and RX switching for half-duplex  on N210 with SBX daughterboard. I'm using one single antenna on TX/RX port. Basically everything works well by now. But I notice that I'm also receiving the signals transmitted by itself. And the amplitude of the received transmitting signals will be increased when I attach another antenna to the RX2 port.

So I'm wondering whether the device is receiving on RX2 port when it is transmitting on TX/RX port?

I referred to the TX and RX switching notes as in shown in Figure 5 here: https://www.ettus.com/content/files/kb/application_note_frontends_subdevices_antenna_ports.pdf

I believe when TX/RX is switched to receiving, the marked TX port would be connected to port 3 and the marked RX port connected to port 2 automatically. However, when TX/RX is transmitting, which means the TX port is connected to port 4, is the RX port connected to port 1 or port 2 at this time? Anyone knows about this?

Thank you!

Cat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,807 Views)

Hello wucc!

This sounds like an interesting application!  I'm curious, are you programming your N210 with the SBX daughter board with LabVIEW?  The reason I ask is because there are great examples of programming the Rx and Tx in LabVIEW when you download the NI-USRP driver!  You can then use the Rx or Tx Async examples to test, in loopback, whether or not the RX2 port is receiving when transmitting from the TX/RX port.

If you are using another language, I would suggest seeking help from the Ettus support team!

I hope this information is helpful!

Best,

Casey L.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,702 Views)

Hi Casey,

Thank you for the information. However, I'm using GNU Radio...Yeah, I'm going to contact Ettus for help. 

Best,

W

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,689 Views)