USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple bit encoder

Hi,

I have to make a simple communication system with from Labview and URRP. Fro one side I have to send randomly generated bits in terms of voltages and I have to decode the signal to get and display the exact sequence. I have to complete this within next two days. I have tried a lot but failed. Will someone please help me???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,128 Views)

Also if not complete can anyone suggest ways to generate raised cosine pulses according to incoming bits??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,124 Views)

Check out the packet based digital link on the second page.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/ni-usrp-example-labview-vis?view=documents

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,122 Views)

Hello,

Thank You for your help. But I need to make 1 of my own as its far more complicated than anything I can handle.

I have tried making one vi but it is not giving the desired result.

For the problem statement mentioned above what I had thought was:

A random generator is generating numbers 0 and 1 which I am using to decide the amplitude of raised cosine pulse generated. For each number generated I am sending 10 pulses by putting pulse generator in while loop. Also I am putting a delay (wait)  in the loop in accordance to the time period of pulse inorder to avoid ISI. But while running the code I am getting error 'buffer empty'.

Also I could not find any source to generate raised cosine pulse. I used generate formula waveform vi, but while transmitting through usrp, coerced gain was coming zero. I believe pulse and function differ. 

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,105 Views)

This is the vi I am working with.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,103 Views)